Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know you can get these but i am just wondering where the filtration occurs? we have 2 full water butts in the garden that i'd like to use and save some £ but they are filled from the guttering and probably have a load of crap in them. any advice?

·
Registered
471 Posts
My Karcher has a filter on its inlet, and the water butt has its tap a few inches from the base presumably to stop crap blocking it up. Its a standard connector on mine and I'm in need of a click adaptor really or a bit of hose I can stick on there permanently that goes to a click adaptor... actually come to think of it I might have the parts to make that....

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not sure what they look like tbh. i assumed it attached to the water butt and then your standard hose attached to that. i use a nilfisk. i need a good 25m to get from back to front.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Filtering

i know you can get these but i am just wondering where the filtration occurs? we have 2 full water butts in the garden that i'd like to use and save some £ but they are filled from the guttering and probably have a load of crap in them. any advice?
I have three water butts in line 1st is a small slime line butt this is the filter inside is filer media used by pond filters then runs into 2nd butt then into 3rd that has a nylon bag attached just to be sure no fine particles get through, hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.