Detailing World Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried FK#425, Bead Maker, Zaino Z6 and Z8 although I cannot get hold of Z8 now, and Done and Dusted Si edition. Love them all on my black car but having not kept my ear on the ground this year is there anything better at the moment?
For sheer size a US gallon, the 425 gives a great shine but it is difficult to get in that size now. I'd be interested to know your suggestions for a wet look. (other than keeping it wet, of course)
;-)

Thanks

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Polish angel rapidwaxx or Pinnacle crystal mist detail spray, lovely to use and stunning on black
You wont notice much difference from all the others you mentioned though 😄

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
IMHO, they're 90% marketing BS and you likely couldn't distinguish between any of them visually when on a panel compared side by side.

Where you will notice more of a difference is on seriously neglected paint that hasn't been polished. Even in that case, you'll get significantly more benefit from polishing than applying products such as these.

The ironic thing is that all of these 'extreme gloss' detailers actually reduce the gloss of correctly polished paint.

I don't really buy into a transparent product leaving less than a micron of material behind, revolutionising the look of your paint.. the results are incredibly subjective and there's more than an element of confirmation bias involved.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
568 Posts
The op is looking for The "wet look" or jetting effect, light refraction rather than reflection. Natural waxes carnauba and montan give this effect subjectively montan is the wax for wetlook. Also the oils used in some products give a jetting effect.
Still on perfect paint the effect will be small and barely noticeable.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
That last line is exactly my point. It's just to set expectations, you can't revolutionise paint in decent condition with an LSP.

Extremely small margins and as you say massively subjective where looking at quick detailer type products in particular!

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts