Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couple of days ago I used the tweaked version of the strawberry wet look wax, now I thought the strawberry wax gave excellent results and honestly was a bit sceptical that it could be improved

How wrong was I

So car was again stripped back with lime prime to ensure a untreated surface ready for the new wax to be applied

Application was a breeze, the wax was effortless the apply thinly due to its oil content but not to a degree where it takes an age to remove and leaves an oily residue

I applied it to 3 panels at a time as Jay had said curing was between 5 & 10 minutes, using a short pile microfibres it came off with a single swipe and left a smooth, crisp reflection and a silky smooth finish.

Now this time because the weather wasn't too bad I decided to do 2 layers so left approximately an hour between applying the first layer and added a further layer, the second layer seemed to add further clarity and a wetter look to the whole car, after finishing the whole car I went round with a fresh microfibres to buff the it and to remove any residue I had missed.

The only thing I will say is that I seemed to get colour transfer from the wax onto the microfibre which I haven't before but this could be because it was a darker wax than I have previously used.

All in all a great wax that was a breeze to use and gave outstanding results

The wax in question, a deep red/brown colour with a pleasant smell of marzipan

Now some finished shots, didn't get any application photo's I'm sure everyone knows how to apply wax :lol:

Registered
Thanks a lot mike, Glad you liked it, the colour transfer is normal due to the pigments i use, they will stain the mf etc but will not stain paintwork.

This wax has again been improved, it now has a 75% carnauba content in terms of total wax volume as well as a couple of other tweaks.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I honestly love this wax the results are impeccable and as I said it's a breeze to use and the residue it left on the microfibre washed straight off so not really a problem just an observation more than anything.

Even as a show wax I'm more than happy if the durability is limited to a few weeks because if the results it gives, plus I'm weird and I enjoy waxing it saves me going to the gym :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.