Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Now, I know it can't be a scrape because, I don't remember hitting anything and there are no scrape marks but what confused me was when I looked at it today there is a black strip underneath where the paint seems to fade?

To me it seems like the paint is just wearing away? If that's possible?

Is this a warranty claim? Or self fix?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Stone chip maybe?
Gonz.
is this a corsa vxr if it is then its a common problem they split there and on the v in the centre take it back to vauxhall and if its in warranty they normally fix for you
As gonzo said, when I first looked at it I thought it looked like a chip, maybe a stonechip?
I don't think it's a stone chip or the cracking because that black strip underneath is also faded paint?

·
Registered
765 Posts
It's been painted a couple of times, I can tell you that :)

To hazard a guess - the extra paint has bridged the gap between the two halves of the casing and flexing / movement between those two pieces has caused it to flake off.

The darker line underneath is where it was sanded back to the black plastic underneath last time it was painted and they haven't put enough colour on to achieve full coverage (it's a very transparent colour).

Just a guess though ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.