Detailing World Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

7181 - 7200 of 7241 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Gyeon Foam with a splash of Gyeon apc in the mix.

Gyeon Bathe+ shampoo.

Bilt Hamber Touch-On through a foam cannon.

Dried using an Autobrite Ultimate drying towel (first time of using)

This could be the last wash that I give my Qashqai, apparently my new BMW X5 M Sport has just arrived at the dealership, it's only been on order since October 2021.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Not today, but I've been trying to make my videos a bit better each time.
Here's one of a Porsche Boxster that was bought from a scrap yard!

I'll try and get a wrote up in the Studio section soon :)

Reactions: macmark

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Just collected my new shape Qashqai Tekna, my local dealers 5 week old demonstrator. They know me very well, and said they would just carefully wash it and let me do the rest. They knew that whatever they put on it, I would just remove it! I spent two days ceramic coating its brains out. Happy bunny now.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
So cleaned my wife's car, which needs machine polishing (haven't had time). Used some spray sealants which work well on my car but they did nothing for her car due to the condition of the paint.

So I got out DetailiedOnLines Fast Wax from the back of the detailing cupboard and it worked wonders. I'm assuming the canuba content has filled the swirls, either way it's not at the front of the shelf for my wife's car.

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,541 Posts
Just collected my new shape Qashqai Tekna, my local dealers 5 week old demonstrator. They know me very well, and said they would just carefully wash it and let me do the rest. They knew that whatever they put on it, I would just remove it! I spent two days ceramic coating its brains out. Happy bunny now.
Nice, do like the look of the new Quashqai :thumb:

What engine did you go for ?

·
Registered
292 Posts
At the beginning of May I traded in my Golf R for a Porsche Cayman 981 2.7, I've not had much time until now to dedicate full days to detailing it but last week I spent a day doing a decontamination clean with Gyeon Bathe, Gyeon Tar and Gyeon Iron. Then a correction polish starting first with targeting the deeper scratches with Menzerna Super Heavy Cut 300 and Lake Country purple wool cutting pad on the rotary. Then to take out the swirls and minor scratches went over all the paintwork with Menzerna Heavy Cut 400 and Meguiar's microfibre cutting pad on the Flex 3401.

Got pretty dirty during the week.

On Thursday pre-cleaned with Gyeon Foam, washed with Gyeon Bathe then finishing polish with Menzerna Final Finish and Carpro Gloss Pad. Washed the car again but with Fairy liquid this time to help remove some of the polishing oils, dried, then Gyeon Prep applied all over (love the smell of that stuff). Then it was finally time for the thing I've been looking forward to trying for a while, Gyeon One Evo and it was an absolute joy to work with.

It was ridiculously easy to apply and remove the only difficulty was with the sun popping out occasionally and the house only casts a shadow over about two thirds of the car so had to keep swapping sides to keep out the sun. I then had the Gyeon View kit for the windows so first applied the Gyeon Cleanse which I found, unlike all of Gyeon's other products, wasn't very nice to work with because it has a very small application window (no pun intended). It just dries up in a couple of seconds of hitting the window and since you apply it with a glass polishing pad it feels like it needs to be worked a bit longer to really make sure you're scrubbing the window totally clean. Anyway, let that sit for 10 minutes then removed with a damp cloth, quickly followed by a dry waffle weave cloth, then Gyeon Repel applied to all windows. The instructions for Gyeon One say for outdoor application apply Gyeon Cure after one hour so that's what I did and that made the paint go from feeling a little bit grabby to super smooth and slick. Then removed Repel from the windows and applied a second coat to the windscreen, waited 15 minutes and removed. Fortunately had a good 48 hours so far without any rain for the coatings to cure properly (like most sealants/coatings it needs a minimum of 12 hours but ideally 24), just have to wait see how it performs with beading and durability now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Been a tough couple of days trying to get ready for Waxstock (First time going and was hoping to have a go at the Arrive & Shine) Still not really happy with it, but unfortunately I've just not had the time available to get it as I want :(.

I did at least get chance to try out my new Workstuff squally brush & Garage Therapy's wheel shampoo - both are excellent! Didn't even need to follow up with fallout remover unlike auto finesse's wheel shampoo.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
After a trip to the isle of arran the car was pretty dirty

The car got a quick onr wash whilst on the island

That kept the ocd in check till i got home.
On returning home home i took advantage of high definition detail's 15% sale and purchased some siramik lustrous, i have been looking at this for ages so decided to pull the trigger. todays clean up turned into a prep for when lustrous arrives.the car hasn't been polished for over 2 years but the paint was still in pretty good condition,especially after getting washed once or twice a week, next to no swirls but some light marks around so i decided to go with menzerna 3500 on a light polishing pad

Pleased with how it came up

Gave the car a quick layer of infinity wax rapid detailer, that should do till i get the lustrous applied. Ill just panel prep the car after the next wash before applying

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
412 Posts
Maintenance wash on the insignia and a coat of GT Sigma. Partners mokka got a once over as well.
Snow foam bolt hamber touchless
GT one shampoo contact wash
GT Sigma protection
GT glass cleaner and tyre serum
Wheels just refurbed so coat of AM wheel wax.
Plastics Koch Chemie PS

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

·
Distinguished Detailer + Dw Reviewer
8,542 Posts
Gave my car a quick wash before heading out for something to eat yesterday.

Usual routine, pressure wash, snow foam. Rinse, wash, Rinse, dry and QD.

Cooks

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
227 Posts
I've been painting the calipers on my newly acquired car. I've used specific caliper paint in the past but decided to use smooth Hammerite. It went on well and I found if brush marks started to show, stippling it made them melt away as it dried.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
227 Posts
I also started compounding and polishing the paintwork on my newly acquired car. It's had a cheap respray at some point. There's contamination and dust in several places. This is the worst on the B pillar.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I also started compounding and polishing the paintwork on my newly acquired car. It's had a cheap respray at some point. There's contamination and dust in several places. This is the worst on the B pillar.

Here's before and after. Light doesn't do it justice.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I've been painting the calipers on my newly acquired car. I've used specific caliper paint in the past but decided to use smooth Hammerite. It went on well and I found if brush marks started to show, stippling it made them melt away as it dried.

Did the same on mine last week. Makes a huge improvement. :)

·
Registered
2015 Insignia 2.0 CDTi
5,480 Posts
Maintenance wash on the insignia and a coat of GT Sigma. Partners mokka got a once over as well.
Snow foam bolt hamber touchless
GT one shampoo contact wash
GT Sigma protection
GT glass cleaner and tyre serum
Wheels just refurbed so coat of AM wheel wax.
Plastics Koch Chemie PS

Graeme, are the rear mud flaps on your insignia OE or patter/copies? They look like a very good fit.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Graeme, are the rear mud flaps on your insignia OE or patter/copies? They look like a very good fit.
They are OEM ones but the previous owner had to modify them to fit with the bodykit. I have 2 front ones but haven't attempted to try and do anything with them severe lack of patience for those things lol

7181 - 7200 of 7241 Posts