Detailing World Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

7201 - 7220 of 7241 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
After doing my back in at the end of last week the only detailing to be done recently, and likely for the near future, was a mild clean up and reorganise of the detailing kit shelves!

It's still not what you'd call efficient but it was starting to be a bit of a mess so needed sorting out. I'm starting to narrow down all my products to the things I really like and use a lot. There's a couple of bottles of stuff still to finish off but soon it'll be much easier to find stuff and eventually almost everything will be in the same shape of bottle to make it easier.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
531 Posts
Just foamed with AutoFoam followed by CP descale.

Finished of with Feynlab Pure Rinseless all to fill in some chips with Dr Colorchip.

Covid mist of got the best of me because I was too winded after the wash to fill the chips…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
With the help of president swirl we have 3 clean cars, washed with mystic bubble, used the Sam's shampoo tester i had from waxstock for the wheels, used Garage Therapy sigma as protection, carpro perl on the wheels and on my Merc I used Glaco glass polish and sealant

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Gave siramik lustrous its run out this evening, I did a full decon and machine polish last week so tonight i just did a basic wash followed by anglewax's stripped ease for prep
I spread the product with a microfiber applicator, goes on ok, kinda reminds me of a slightly thicker sc mist, kept the application nice and thin then it buffs off no trouble at all, adds a slick feeling finish with a nice 'glassy' finish to the paint

Look forward to seeing the famous durability now and some water behavior when it rains
Topped the rubber and plastic trim with anglewax's corona, good product this, subtly darkens the trim and lasts months

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
Gave siramik lustrous its run out this evening, I did a full decon and machine polish last week so tonight i just did a basic wash followed by anglewax's stripped ease for prep
I spread the product with a microfiber applicator, goes on ok, kinda reminds me of a slightly thicker sc mist, kept the application nice and thin then it buffs off no trouble at all, adds a slick feeling finish with a nice 'glassy' finish to the paint
Look forward to seeing the famous durability now and some water behavior when it rains
Topped the rubber and plastic trim with anglewax's corona, good product this, subtly darkens the trim and lasts months
Looking good, Did you get a note saying it was the stronger batch or not? The stronger one can leave high spots or streaks, not the worst to remove but would consider the newer one when I run out if its even easier and said to have no major impact on durability

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looking good, Did you get a note saying it was the stronger batch or not? The stronger one can leave high spots or streaks, not the worst to remove but would consider the newer one when I run out if its even easier and said to have no major impact on durability
There was no note so guessing its the 'lighter' version, dont know where my pt1 name has gone, maybe to do with the software updates

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
There was no note so guessing its the 'lighter' version, dont know where my pt1 name has gone, maybe to do with the software updates

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
I believe there weren't massive amounts of the strong version so you are probably on the regular. Hardest part for you will be resisting topping it, The Arona was quite dusty and the roof and bonnet didn't show great beading, washed it and used some purifica afterwards and its as good as the day it was applied nearly 5 months ago near enough. The change of username did confuse me as first time on since the Forum has updated

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
With the sun starting to set it was a perfect evening for detailing! The car only had light dust so i just used a light dilution of m&k citrus for my pre wash, followed by tac systems mystic bubble shampoo
Car Bottle Water Liquid Vehicle

After a PW rinse i was left with this beading from siramik lustrous, not bad
Water Water resources Liquid Sky Window

Dried the car with my big boi blower and a purestar twist towel
Decided to give the exhaust a quick clean up, these really soot up on the st's. I just used m&k citrus with tac systems shampoo using a old brush, came up pretty well

Vehicle Car Automotive lighting White Hood

Gave the interior a quick once over
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design

A few finished shots
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Grille Wheel

Tire Wheel Car Plant Vehicle

Took this just as some water dripped from the wing mirror, amateur:LOL:
Followed by a nice beer to end the day
Plant Tableware Drinkware Beer Light

Cheers

·
Registered
682 Posts
Not today but I recently had chance to do a full decon, 2 stage compound and LSP on the bonnet of my 308. This was mainly with the intent of finally trying out my new bottle of Siramik Lustrous!

Full decon included an ONR wash, tar remover, fallout remover, clay and a final panel wipe.

2 stage polish was done using Scholl S17 on their purple premium pad, followed by S40 on their orange premium pad. I do like these compounds and pads. This was the first time compounding the 308 so a little bit of learning took place. The paint was what I would call medium-hard. Initially I tried to one-step it with S30 but there just wasn't enough cut, even on a harder pad. To really make progress I had to go to S17 with the purple pad. In the end I got about a 90% correction I think. There were some deeper marks that would have needed maybe S3 to remove but I don't get much time for this stuff so I was happy to move on with what I'd managed.

I have one of the stronger bottles of Lustrous and I have to say it was a little tough to apply. I think however this was mostly down to the 30+ degree air temperatures we had and the fact that I was running out of shade!The bonnet ended up needing another pass with ONR to even out the finish.

Pics of before, after, deeper marks etc etc. I'm rubbish and reflection and money shots, as you can probably tell!

Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design
Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design Violet Material property
Brown Pink Violet Magenta Tints and shades
Water Sky Orange Astronomical object Pink
Pink Automotive design Paint Rectangle Art
Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Pink
Motor vehicle Hood Green Automotive lighting Automotive design

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Started today with giving the wheels and arches a thorough clean, later dressed the arches with neat perl
Light Automotive tire Tread Tire Hubcap

The car was covered in a thick dust
Hood Water Road surface Asphalt Art

Which will explain why the lustrous wasn't beading so well
Gave the car a coating of gt snow foam
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

Followed by car chem super suds for shampoo duties.. A pw rinse returned the hydrophobic properties of the lsp
Water Liquid Water resources Fluid Black-and-white

Car blown dry

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Been doing a van for my sister's fella. I doubt it had ever been cleaned and had some shabby bits on it, so I didn't hold back on being gentle. After I'd finally got it clean the paint was still yellowy, so I fished around in the supplies bin and found a bottle of Gtecniq P1 (from 2010!) Thinking I couldn't make it worse I went for it. I don't do much machine polishing as I've not got the patience for it but in between showers I got round the van and it got it back to white. Going to put some Fusso on it today.
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
here's a pic what it looked like before I started.
Wheel Car Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle

7201 - 7220 of 7241 Posts