Detailing World Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

7221 - 7240 of 7241 Posts

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Was away on holiday and got back Friday, car was looking a bit worse for wear.
Garage Therapy decon in the snow foam lance.
Labocosmetica Purifica shampoo.
Panel wiped then Gyeon Wax for the first time, lovely product to use.
Tyres dressed with Gyeon tyre express.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
Was away on holiday and got back Friday, car was looking a bit worse for wear.
Garage Therapy decon in the snow foam lance.
Labocosmetica Purifica shampoo.
Panel wiped then Gyeon Wax for the first time, lovely product to use.
Tyres dressed with Gyeon tyre express.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
Looking good pal, very glossy 👍🏻

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
Last weeks big disaster was the end of the little Karcher K2.20m, after probably about 15+ years and quite a bit of abuse it started rattling like mad when you released the trigger like something was loose inside, the snowfoam was much thinner and weaker and the pressure was down. I suspect the pumps gone and couldn't find a replacement and not sure its worth putting any time into it.

So replacement time, Another Karcher since its served me well and will be looking after this one. Gone for a K7, first thing that needs to go is the hose for a quality rubber one. Although better than the plastic one the K2 came with it still not as good as my Direct hoses one. Also need to work out new PIR from it.

Got the fiesta Washed and quick mix of BSD/V07 to dry down. It needs a polish soon but should have taken a before because I was gonna do this one the day after the PW broke on the other car, it was grubby. Usually wash with BHAF pre wash and Adams Blue shampoo, Tyres with Surfex and brushes, alloys brushes and wheel woolie which is too good for this car and its corroded inner rims but still not replaced the EZ Detail since my dad snapped it. Tyres dressed with Megs Hot Shine and glass cleaned with Dooka VG and ONR this morning (sunny and very hot and the glass cleaner was flashing like mad)

·
Registered
11,541 Posts
Last weeks big disaster was the end of the little Karcher K2.20m, after probably about 15+ years and quite a bit of abuse it started rattling like mad when you released the trigger like something was loose inside, the snowfoam was much thinner and weaker and the pressure was down. I suspect the pumps gone and couldn't find a replacement and not sure its worth putting any time into it.

So replacement time, Another Karcher since its served me well and will be looking after this one. Gone for a K7, first thing that needs to go is the hose for a quality rubber one. Although better than the plastic one the K2 came with it still not as good as my Direct hoses one. Also need to work out new PIR from it.

Got the fiesta Washed and quick mix of BSD/V07 to dry down. It needs a polish soon but should have taken a before because I was gonna do this one the day after the PW broke on the other car, it was grubby. Usually wash with BHAF pre wash and Adams Blue shampoo, Tyres with Surfex and brushes, alloys brushes and wheel woolie which is too good for this car and its corroded inner rims but still not replaced the EZ Detail since my dad snapped it. Tyres dressed with Megs Hot Shine and glass cleaned with Dooka VG and ONR this morning (sunny and very hot and the glass cleaner was flashing like mad)

Nice new toy there - I used a K7 last year and was impressed with it, I felt the hose was fine on it, but haven't used a rubber after market one, so can't really compare...

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
Nice new toy there - I used a K7 last year and was impressed with it, I felt the hose was fine on it, but haven't used a rubber after market one, so can't really compare...
I know I've only got the experience of one go with it and I washed the car down by the front lawn which allowed me to unreel the hose fully before attaching the Gun/Trigger. If I hadn't had the space around the car to do so I feel getting it straight could cause it to twist/coil and catch the paint as you move about. The rubber one from direct hoses on the K2 weigh's more and sits flush to the ground. On the plus side, although it doesn't wheel around the sides of the car for me like the K2 did, It has a 10m hose which is handy, the rubber one on the K2 is 4 or 6m from memory. Reeling up the K7's hose line was also a bit of a pain in the backside, the rubber at least tend to stay where you left it.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Ain’t getting much done since getting Covid, but got a chance to ceramic coat my Father Days present from son

There’s just something about Oem Carbon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Gave the car a maintenance wash today. Hasn’t been done for a while. Gave the wheels and tyres a going over with Garage Therapy Wheel Shampoo, applied via IK Sprayer.

Angelwax Revenge bug remover applied. Autofoam via Kwazar sprayer on dirty areas. Covered in Valet Pro Advanced Neutral Snowfoam.

Two bucket wash with Car Chem 1900:1 shampoo. Rinsed off. Turtlewax Rinse and Dry on the wheels. Sonax tyre gel on the tyres. Gave a quick top up of TAC Systems Shinee Wax. Cleaned the glass with Crystal glass cleaner.

2 hours later.

Made lunch the headed off to work Still need to do a summer detail on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
682 Posts
Had a few lunchtimes to myself at home this week so managed to get another panel on the car corrected and sealed up. This time it was the turn of the roof!

Gotta say, this was a real pain to do! I'm still learning the paint on this car and my new DA but this is also my first estate so the roof is massive! I discovered that the central area of the roof really doesn't have much structure under it at all and so it keeps flexing under the weight of the DA. This made the DA constantly want to skip and made it hard to get a consistent draw across the paint. I ended up having to actually very slightly lift the DA over that area to keep the roof from flexing, which was seriously tiring with the DA at shoulder height!

Still, I got it done and it looks much better, plus it got the Lustrous treatment which gives it a nice darkened tone and good protection. There were some deeper marks which I think were caused by cats maybe. I didn't get these fully removed as I'd have needed to get more agressive with them but they are much better so I'm not too worried. At the end of the day I love the process of detailing but I use my car and it doesn't need to be 100% perfect, just as good as it can be within the bounds of what life allows me time for!

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Hood Plant Window Motor vehicle Architecture
Plant Hood Pink Automotive exterior Asphalt
Window Building Sky Cloud Tints and shades

·
Registered
194 Posts
Ain’t getting much done since getting Covid, but got a chance to ceramic coat my Father Days present from son

There’s just something about Oem Carbon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hi,

Any chance you could let me know where you got this from please, I've just bought a brand new X5 40i M Sport with a carbon interior. This would look amazing when I opened the filler cap flap.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Managed a rinseless wash using some Adams last night. I couldn’t be bothered lugging all the gear out with a fractured metartarsal!

The car hasn’t been cleaned in a while and had a thick layer of dust. The panels were pre-sprayed with a 16:1 mix before being wiped over.

To negate any water marks I went over the car with KC FSE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
The Qashqai got a clean up today, its been a while so was pretty grotty

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

The body got a coating of dodo apple ifoam

Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Vehicle registration plate

Liquid Bottle Drinkware Plant Glass bottle

The alloys+tyres had a coating of m&k citrus too, the foam did ok but didnt budge the more ingrained dirt on the paint
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Looking better after a PW rinse,
Had a look through my shampoos and decided to go with wax planet lava, really is a top shampoo
Hand Bottle Photograph Liquid Dog

After PW rinsing i went round the car with dodo juice future armour, using it as a drying aid/sealant. Really easy to use and left a lovely finish on the nissan
Sky Cloud Liquid Bottle Drinkware
Wheel Tire Car Sky Land vehicle
after getting the car clean i Noticed a new car park battle scar...
Automotive parking light Grille Car Automotive lighting Vehicle

I just tackled this by hand using menzerna 2200,a bit of touch up paint and you shouldn't be able to notice it
Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Grille

Gave the glass a good clean then topped up the gtechniq g5, its my favourite non ceramic glass coating, easy to use and lasts ages. The alloys got a coating of TW sealant hydrophobic seal wax, tyres dressed with perl
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Car

·
Registered
682 Posts
Had some time to myself during lunch the last couple of days so got a few niggly jobs done on the car...
  • Windscreen wiper arms and cowling cleaning and sealed with WoWo's Crystal Sealant
  • Antenna and mount cleaned and sealed with WWCS
  • Cleaned, metal polished and sealed with WWCS the roof rails
  • Stripped, cleaned and sealed with WWCS the glass and plastics of the wing mirrors. Didn't seal the skullcaps as these will be getting corrected in the near future and then sealed with Lustrous Plus like the majority of the car
No pictures unfortunately as I was too focussed on getting as many little jobs done as I could.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Got a wedding to go to tomorrow so wanted to tidy up the car a little. Still have water restrictions unfortunatey so was somewhat limited in what I could do. I gave the car a HDD RoadRage prewash, PW'd down and DI rinsed at the local jetwash which got it looking basically clean and showed up the best of the fact that I recently corrected and put Lustrous on the bonnet and roof. I washed the wheels at home with a bucket of ONR and dressed the tyres with PERL. Vacuumed and dusted the interior. Would like to try and clean the glass as a final touch but not sure I'll get time...

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Managed to get a wee wash in before
The Car was dirty, it seems to have rained for weeks
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Usual wash process
Then just as i finished, the heavens opened
Wheel Land vehicle Sky Car Vehicle

Managed to get it dried off,ready for the next shower to hit
Wheel Tire Vehicle Sky Car

·