Detailing World Forum banner
7261 - 7280 of 7362 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
The gloss black door pillars on my 308 were looking a bit worse for wear so decided to polish them up with the DA, some Scholl S40 and a finishing pad. Two photos of how they looked to begin with, a reflection shot after the correction and a photo to try and show the correction instead of the reflection. My phone camera really struggled to focus on the plastic after correction so I had to manually change the settings to get the photo. Strangely that last photo actually makes it look like there are slill lots of swirl present and the plastic looks really washed out, but when you look at the plastic in direct sun you don't seen any marring and it's a deep black....

I finsihed up by coating them in Lustrous Plus.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Maintenance wash on the Sportage. Hasn’t been washed for 3 weeks.

Had to make three 100 mile round trips to the hospital last week with the father in law, hence dirtier than normal.

Normal maintenance wash as my other posts. Topped up with TAC Systems Shinee Wax.

Holidays in a couple of weeks so hopefully get time to do a full detail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I wanted to try out P&S dream maker so carried out a ONR wash,the product is easy to use, it just melts into the paint, very similar to beadmaker but a bit more oily i thought.
Simply spray, wipe then buff
Vehicle Hood Dog Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

It certainly adds to the finish, looks to have a nice jetting effect on the paint. I think it only lasts a week or two so ideal for those who enjoy using a topper after a wash.
Does it add much extra in terms of finish over done & dusted,pinnacle crystal mist, shinee wax, gyeon ceramic qd,m&k wax+, beadmaker etc, erm.. Hard to say, i find them all pretty similar, all make your car look great!

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
With my back issues, i only managed one wheel and arch first thing this morning before my back gave in. Plus the heat isn't ideal.

Wheel off, citrus pre wash on the tyre, good wash, korrosol, tar remover, clayed, polished and waxed. Tyre dressed with megs tyre gel.

Just citrus pre washed the arch, snow foamed and agitated then rinced.

Did one the other day, just the back two to do now. Then when the weather cools off ill attempt the paint. It's a black car so it's simply far too hot to wash it.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Spent the best part of an hour at the local jetwash this weekend washing the Suzuki. This time I took a bucket and 2x5L bottles of wash solution so I could do the wheels properly.

• applied AutoWheel to all the wheels
  • scrubbed the tyres with a 1:3 surfex solution
  • emptied the wash solution into the bucket and went round each wheel with the various brushes
  • gave the wheels and arches a deep rinse with one jetwash token
  • applied korrosol to the lower areas all around and gave it a minute to dwell
  • applied roadrage via pump sprayer to all the lower areas and a couple of minutes to dwell
  • applied autofoam via pump sprayer all over and left to dwell
  • rinsed the car with another token
  • spot treated some stubborn areas with ONR in a spray bottle and a soft cloth
  • jetwash DI rinse
  • dried and cleaned the glass with carpro clarify
  • dried the tyres and dressed with neat PERL

It's hardly the king of clean but it's enough to stop it from getting away from me!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Waited to 20:30 when it had cooled down a bit. Car only dirty with the rain we had last night.
ONR wash. Chemical Guys Speedwipe QD. Glass cleaned. Took around 40 minutes. Got to love ONR on these summer nights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
The car had a layer of dust... then it rained last night, Looked awful on black so Another ONR wash was order! Lovely summers evening too, so perfect detailing weather. I also wanted to see if p&s dream maker had impacted on siramik lustrous's hydrophobics, so started with a PW.. To my surprise there wasnt any real difference, still beading up nicely. I followed the pw with a onr wash using dream maker again as a drying aid
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Was starting to get dark when i finished but managed to get a couple of pics. Im liking this dream maker so far, easy to use, leaves a nice wet look and doesn't look to have a impact on the base lsp

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
That is the best time of the day to take a photo of a car, later the better. Especially after any cleaning, polishing, even QD'ing and dark colours. They alway look great!

·
Registered
457 Posts
Hotest day for a long time where I live (36 degrees at one point according to my car dashboard when I checked at 5pm). I waited for the sun to drop behind our house, then had a play about with a little Ford Ka I bought this weekend. It's meant to be a runabout so that our main car doesn't get dented or scratched at the supermarket, etc, but I still want to make it mine and get it all cleaned up as best I can.

Perfect weather for giving the front seats a clean with a bit of AG interior shampoo, they came up well considering it's 13 years old and the warm weather is helping them dry quickly too. Might do the back seat tomorrow evening. Certainly far too hot to do anything else during the day as no shade on my drive as it faces South East, though the front of the house gets shade from about 7pm onwards.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Nice to have you back sharrkey, wondered where you were ha.the m2 is looking good... Dream maker is the way forward, i have had a few comments since using it.."car's looking shiny lad"😀

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Nice to have you back sharrkey, wondered where you were ha.the m2 is looking good... Dream maker is the way forward, i have had a few comments since using it.."car's looking shiny lad"
Cringing at dirty dusty cars in Mexico, could make a killing out there detailing lol
Yeh it’s short lived but a lovely Lsp to add an little extra wow
I just can’t seem to catch the fantastic gloss shots that you can, need to up my game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Cringing at dirty dusty cars in Mexico, could make a killing out there detailing lol
Yeh it’s short lived but a lovely Lsp to add an little extra wow
I just can’t seem to catch the fantastic gloss shots that you can, need to up my game

I tend to take my pics on a evening,after i detail,try then 👍🏻

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Another wash! Think its 3 this week. went for a walk around a local park, on returning to the car to my surprise a herd of cows were all licking the car 😒 they must like the smell of dream maker!.. anyway, eventually the herd decided to move on, the car was in a right state,luckily no damage was inflicted.
Usual wash process, gloss restored....
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Wife’s car got a good decon and wash today then polished the bonnet with Scholl S20+S40, then coated with Gyeon MOHs Evo, what a lovely coating to work with

Audi defo has a flatter clearer paint finish than the M, wish I could have captured the flake pop after S40 even the wife came out and mentioned how good it looked and she’s never happy lol

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Another wash! Think its 3 this week. went for a walk around a local park, on returning to the car to my surprise a herd of cows were all licking the car 😒 they must like the smell of dream maker!.. anyway, eventually the herd decided to move on, the car was in a right state,luckily no damage was inflicted.
Usual wash process, gloss restored....
View attachment 80454
You took it to a "calf wash" 😂😂

I'll get me coat 😳

·
Registered
760 Posts
Had a bit of time today so managed to give the 308 it's turn at the local jetwash. Same process as for the Swift...
  • applied AutoWheel to all the wheels
  • scrubbed the tyres with a 1:3 surfex solution
  • emptied the wash solution into the bucket and went round each wheel with the various brushes
  • gave the wheels and arches a deep rinse with one jetwash token
  • applied korrosol to the lower areas all around and gave it a minute to dwell
  • applied roadrage via pump sprayer to all the lower areas and a couple of minutes to dwell
  • applied autofoam via pump sprayer all over and left to dwell
  • rinsed the car with another token
  • spot treated some stubborn areas with ONR in a spray bottle and a soft cloth
  • jetwash DI rinse
  • dried and cleaned the glass with carpro clarify
  • dried the tyres and dressed with neat PERL
I tend not to often need AutoWheel on the 308 as the wheels are well-coated and a simple shampoo wash is normally enough. They haven't seen a proper wash since i recoated them some weeks back however so I figured it was a good time. I'm getting quicker at this routine now which is something, even if I would still prefer to be doing it at home.

I'm still hoping to complete a full correction on the 308 this summer but I'm at a point where I'd need a nano polisher to get into all the small and concave panels but everywhere I look they seem to be out of stock...

Attachments

7261 - 7280 of 7362 Posts