Detailing World Forum banner
7281 - 7300 of 7362 Posts

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Certainly not a detail with my ongoing sciatica issues, quick wash to get the dust and bug splatter off, trusty tac systems mystic bubble to the rescue on the paintwork and a low dilution of surfex on the wheels and tyres, also get to show off my new upgraded merc badge which i think lifts the front end a little

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Back to the M today to polish the front bumper (excuse the poor taping I’m a weekend warrior )
Same combo as the wife’s scholl S20+ S40, came up really really well as it’s the only panel I’d not polished from new and lustrous was doing a great job on its own.
Followed up with Gyeon MOHs Evo coating, easy on easy off

2 cars and now no washing for 2 weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
196 Posts
Back to the M today to polish the front bumper (excuse the poor taping I’m a weekend warrior )
Same combo as the wife’s scholl S20+ S40, came up really really well as it’s the only panel I’d not polished from new and lustrous was doing a great job on its own.
Followed up with Gyeon MOHs Evo coating, easy on easy off

2 cars and now no washing for 2 weeks

Very nice, looks like you’ve done a decent job. Paint looks mint!

Can I ask, I’m also about to do MOHS Evo (when I get a spare 2 days to get it all done). How have you found it? I keep reading about needing to do a full degreasing wash after polishing. I’m fully aware of why you would but I’m just not familiar with this and seems a little overkill.

I’ve always just thoroughly panel wiped before a coating but this says different. Did you do this for yours?

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Very nice, looks like you’ve done a decent job. Paint looks mint!

Can I ask, I’m also about to do MOHS Evo (when I get a spare 2 days to get it all done). How have you found it? I keep reading about needing to do a full degreasing wash after polishing. I’m fully aware of why you would but I’m just not familiar with this and seems a little overkill.

I’ve always just thoroughly panel wiped before a coating but this says different. Did you do this for yours?
A good member on here recommended feynlab rinse-less wash to use after polishing and it works fantastic at cleaning the polishing oil off the paint, then a final wipe with panel wipe and then good to coat

MOHs evo is a dream to use, don’t be miserable on coating block plenty of initial product on 1st to lay a good thick coating (then top block as normal for additional panels) coating sweats(bubbling) when it’s ready to remove, removal is just as easy, 1 mf to level & 2nd to buff and catch any missed product

Btw this is the beading from MOHs evo

·
Registered
196 Posts
A good member on here recommended feynlab rinse-less wash to use after polishing and it works fantastic at cleaning the polishing oil off the paint, then a final wipe with panel wipe and then good to coat

MOHs evo is a dream to use, don’t be miserable on coating block plenty of initial product on 1st to lay a good thick coating (then top block as normal for additional panels) coating sweats(bubbling) when it’s ready to remove, removal is just as easy, 1 mf to level & 2nd to buff and catch any missed product

Btw this is the beading from MOHs evo

Beading looks unreal, thanks very much! Appreciate it.

·
The Devil's Advocate
14,189 Posts
1 hour, 3 cars, same products (polar range)…

Barra bing, Barra boom…. I’m done.

:thumb:

Reactions: GSVHammer

·
Registered
212 Posts
I only did the wheels today, doing a full car plus wheels in one day is getting to much for me now so I'll do the rest of the car tomorrow.

I used Autobrite Citrus apc as a pre wash at 20:1 in an IK spray bottle and Garage Therapy One Wheel Shampoo in an IK pump foamer. Sprayed the wheels/tyres with apc and cleaned the tyres with a stiff brush then rinsed off. Sprayed with apc again and foamed over the top and agitated with an ultra soft detailing brush, wheel woolies and a Garage Therapy wheel mitt then rinsed off. The wheels were Gyeon ceramic coated a few weeks ago so the foam tended to slide down the wheel but it wasn't really a problem. I finished off the wheels with Gyeon Wet Coat and dried them with my BigBoi BlowR Mini +.

This was the first wash I'd given the wheels as my car is brand new.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Decided to polish the rear window and apply Gyeon Quick View that’s been lying in my box for a while.
I can’t wash the front of the car cause MOHs evo is still curing from last week, but cleaned the rear whist doing the glass and slapped some Dreammaker on the boot lid lol

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I only did the wheels today, doing a full car plus wheels in one day is getting to much for me now so I'll do the rest of the car tomorrow.

I used Autobrite Citrus apc as a pre wash at 20:1 in an IK spray bottle and Garage Therapy One Wheel Shampoo in an IK pump foamer. Sprayed the wheels/tyres with apc and cleaned the tyres with a stiff brush then rinsed off. Sprayed with apc again and foamed over the top and agitated with an ultra soft detailing brush, wheel woolies and a Garage Therapy wheel mitt then rinsed off. The wheels were Gyeon ceramic coated a few weeks ago so the foam tended to slide down the wheel but it wasn't really a problem. I finished off the wheels with Gyeon Wet Coat and dried them with my BigBoi BlowR Mini +.

This was the first wash I'd given the wheels as my car is brand new.

Nice work,look even better if you dress the tyres 😀👍🏻

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
The car was just dusty and taking into account the midday heat, i decided on a ONR wash this afternoon.following up with p&s dream maker, tyres topped with tac systems tyre dressing.i found a 8cm fine scratch on the near side rear door😡 no idea where it happened but luckily it came right out with some menzerna 2200
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Window

Wheel Tire Property Vehicle registration plate Building

The paint was popping in the sun. dream maker gives that just waxed look which gave me a idea.... out came some zymol concours. Could i see a difference between some £180 wax and a £12 topper?
Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood

Applied with my palms, old school,melts into your hands then spreads like oil over the paint, left it 20 seconds or so then it buffed off really nicely
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Cloud Vehicle

I only applied it to the back wing, could i see any real difference to the dream maker on the door, na not really, maybe a very slight darkening effect , hard to tell on black 😄

·
Registered
6,594 Posts
Certainly not a detail with my ongoing sciatica issues, quick wash to get the dust and bug splatter off, trusty tac systems mystic bubble to the rescue on the paintwork and a low dilution of surfex on the wheels and tyres, also get to show off my new upgraded merc badge which i think lifts the front end a little
Car looks good, Certainly empathise with the Sciatica. I started with a bad back few months back, seemed to get better in a few weeks but this shooting pain or stiffness toward the hip or back of leg isn't nice and remains around 4 odd months later, its getting less painful or more manageable although its there it doesn't hinder me too much now but a month or two back washing was sporadic and about all I could do and I knew about it for a day or two. My job thankfully keeps me active for a good portion of the day, plenty of walking and avoid sitting about too much was the doctors advice and I noticed once I got moving after getting up, the whole work day would give me little bother and then sitting about in the evening too much doesn't help. Hope it either goes or eases soon for you

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
The car was just dusty and taking into account the midday heat, i decided on a ONR wash this afternoon.following up with p&s dream maker, tyres topped with tac systems tyre dressing.i found a 8cm fine scratch on the near side rear door no idea where it happened but luckily it came right out with some menzerna 2200
View attachment 80611
View attachment 80610
The paint was popping in the sun. dream maker gives that just waxed look which gave me a idea.... out came some zymol concours. Could i see a difference between some £180 wax and a £12 topper?
View attachment 80612
Applied with my palms, old school,melts into your hands then spreads like oil over the paint, left it 20 seconds or so then it buffed off really nicely
View attachment 80614
View attachment 80613
I only applied it to the back wing, could i see any real difference to the dream maker on the door, na not really, maybe a very slight darkening effect , hard to tell on black
Gloss fest

If your looking a new tyre protect try Tw GRAPHENE ACRYLIC TYRE SHINE SPRAY COATING (copy paste as it’s a mouthful lol)
This stuff just lasts,lasts & continues to be effective months on even after constantly washing, with next to No browning

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Gloss fest

If your looking a new tyre protect try Tw GRAPHENE ACRYLIC TYRE SHINE SPRAY COATING (copy paste as it’s a mouthful lol)
This stuff just lasts,lasts & continues to be effective months on even after constantly washing, with next to No browning

You keep costing me money, stop showing me new things 😄

7281 - 7300 of 7362 Posts