Detailing World Forum banner
7301 - 7320 of 7362 Posts

·
Registered
6,594 Posts
Few jobs from last few weeks, During a recent wash I'd used TW Dry and Shine for some top up protection, seemed to amplify the haze of the headlights which were getting due for some attention due to fading or oxidising. After a ONR wash and some baking hot weather I decided to sort them out.

Taped up and soaked a selection of Starcke 991A Wet and Dry.
With ONR in a bottle, sanded some spots with 800 grit but mostly, 1000, 1500, 2000 and 3000.
Compounded with a firm pad and the CC nano polisher and Scholl S3
IPA Wipe down and Sealed with Dlux as most durable thing I had about, I know it wont stop it but hopefully prevent a reoccurrence for a while

The next was the Van, long overdue and a bit flat. Like the fiesta I have a lack of any before photo's as was a decision during a week off with hit and miss weather it was my best opportunity even if I'd have to work like mad and compromise in a few areas before sundown. My Dad had told me not to bother with it but its probably the longest to have seen any attention.

from memory....
SF with GT Decon
Rinse
Wash with the Decon Shampoo
Rinse
Autosmart Tardis
Fallout - GT Iron oxide, first time using and although it was warm out it does cling being gel like well but the reaction doesn't seem as fast as a more traditional fallout remover. It also isn't great to get easy coverage so applied to a mitt and wiped onto the panels to try and get good coverage. Having loved other GT products it seemed a lot more laboured than my AF Fallout Remover.
Clay mitt with ONR and a Dry down
Whizzed around with Uno Protect to boost the gloss and finished with Soft 99 Speed and barrier after buffing, very slick but its beading doesn't seem as sharp as fusso but I didn't have time for that with fading light.
Tyres and trim will have to wait for the next wash.

Arona had recently been snowfoamed with AF and washed with Labocosmetica Purifica rather than usual adams blue, beading of the Lustrous Plus Graphene Spray is still going well 6-7 months in and thought Id be topping it with SC Mist or similar by now so very impressed, dust on the roof and bonnet in a few days time seem to quickly hide the sharp beading but after a wash its as strong as ever.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I did the bodywork today ( I'll dress the tyres tomorrow )

Gyeon Foam with 30ml of Gyeon apc mixed in through my MJJC Pro V2 foam cannon.

Contact wash was with Gyeon Bathe Essence, I added 20ml to my other foam cannon and used it as a snow foam to give some extra lubrication, I did a couple of panels at a time.

Dried using an Autobrite twisted loop Ultimate drying towel and finished off with my BigBoi BlowR Mini+

I then went round it with Soft99 Fukupika Spray Advance Strong Type.

This was the first wash I'd given the car as it is brand new, it has been Gyeon PPF'd and ceramic coated.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
After a number of ONR washes and a bird bomb attack
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

The motor was in need of a more thorough clean
The wheels got a full decon wash and iron fall out treatment, brought the ceramic coating back to life
Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Automotive tire Crankset

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Even gave the back box a tidy up
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

The rest of the car was hit with WP 8 below then AM details shampoo
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Car Vehicle

Interior was hoovered,interior trim cleaned n dressed

·
Registered
760 Posts
Gave the 308 a clean up today as it was starting to need it! Still under water restrictions here in France so it was back to the local jetwash with bottles and bucket in tow!

Tyres were scrubbed with a 3:1 mix of BH Surfex. Wheels had a light coat of BH AutoWheel, followed by BH AutoWash and all the brushes. After a pressure was rinse of the wheels, each one had a few sprays of BH Atom-Mac to help reduce corrosion build-up. Body got HDD RoadRage via pump sprayer to the lower panels and then BH AutoFoam everywhere else. Glass was dried and cleaned with CarPro Clarify and tyres were dressed with CarPro PERL.

The interior had a clear out and good hoovering/dusting once back on the drive.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Car looks good, Certainly empathise with the Sciatica. I started with a bad back few months back, seemed to get better in a few weeks but this shooting pain or stiffness toward the hip or back of leg isn't nice and remains around 4 odd months later, its getting less painful or more manageable although its there it doesn't hinder me too much now but a month or two back washing was sporadic and about all I could do and I knew about it for a day or two. My job thankfully keeps me active for a good portion of the day, plenty of walking and avoid sitting about too much was the doctors advice and I noticed once I got moving after getting up, the whole work day would give me little bother and then sitting about in the evening too much doesn't help. Hope it either goes or eases soon for you
Mines been on and off for over 8 years, more on than off to be fair, used to visit a chiro, but now gone private physio, only been twice so far, have another 8 sessions to go, early doors but seem to notice my movement is a lot better, mines also reversed itself so now in pain when standing or walking, not great when im on my feet for 12 hours at work

·
Registered
178 Posts
Finally got around to ceramic coating, Mohs Evo and Gyeon Trim.

Started polishing it a few panels at a time a little while ago around April/May. Wasn’t planning on leaving it so long but haven’t had the chance.

Last few days I’ve done a wash and decon. Repolished a few panels with Essence, mainly the black panels. MOHs was done yesterday except the roof as it was getting dark and was difficult to see, bouncing the hand held light wasn’t enough.

Wet sanded some areas on the 2 rear doors, had magnets on which caused some hazing in the clear. Tried polishing it originally after I noticed it, and it seemed to disappear, the next day it came back which is why I tried wet sanding. Seems to have gone now, fingers crossed

Not sure how far MOHs Evo should go but I got one coat from a 50ml bottle with about 20ml remaining which I was going to use on the wheels. Quite liked the application nice that it’s on and off. Didn’t always get the “sweating” effect for removal. It seemed like this happened when there was lots of product applied. Don’t think I could’ve used much more having only 20ml left.

Took the mudflaps off the clean and coat underneath where they sit and clean them properly, they need to go back on.

Neighbour setup his car port which he used for when he done a coating. Nice to have a neighbour who knows.

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Car

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Grille

Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Car

Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Grille Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
760 Posts
Not much to show but gave the two passenger side doors a full decon and touched in some some chips today. Hoping I get some time to correct them tomorrow and get them covered in Lustrous Plus. After that it'll be on to the other side... I'm getting there slowly!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
A regular interior clean of floor mats using the Flex vacuum.
Wipe down of interior seats, dash and plastic trim and console with Gtech Tri Clean. Will go over seats with Gtech L1 tomoz.

Wipe down of all exterior panels with M&K Wax+ top up on Bavaria two comp sealant applied several months back, working very well on just a stock white finish.
Glass Gtech perfect glass.
Tyre dressing Gtech T2.

Tools/products used for the job.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Had a little time today and managed to correct the passenger side doors on the 308 after prepping them a couple of days ago. Usual combo of Scholl S17 and S40, followed up by Lustrous Plus. I had to do the scooped top channels of the doors by hand as I couldn't get a 3inch pad in there and I still haven't got myself a nano polisher. It's not a totally perfect job as a result but I'm lucky that the paint is already in pretty good condition anyway, so every little helps! If I eventually get a nano polisher maybe I'll go back over those channels...

Attachments

7301 - 7320 of 7362 Posts