Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Mr Sparkle
9,987 Posts
my thoughts are the metal bottles cost more than the products inside

and the for those that take pride in thier vehicle...why bother putting that , its not like other ranges are for lazy f'ers that cant be bothered

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my thoughts are the metal bottles cost more than the products inside

and the for those that take pride in thier vehicle...why bother putting that , its not like other ranges are for lazy f'ers that cant be bothered
Thanks Steveo3002 for your feedback, a tad on the negative I would say. You're incorrect about the cost of the bottles and the reason we use them is because we're selling a quality, highly concentrated product that deserves quality packaging, would you really want to buy a product in a nasty thin plastic bottle, where the sides deform over time and the cap leaks? We've all bought things like that and regretted it. What's wrong with a great imagine and quality packaging. We take pride in our products and want to show them off to their best.

The tag line "For those that take pride ...." does not imply that other brands don't, it implies that people who squirt fairy liquid in a bucket and rub a sponge over the car once a month, (if that) probably don't care or have pride in their vehicle. Those people who have actually tried our products will agree that our quality is excellent... and in that we take pride! So why don't you try some?

·
Registered
741 Posts
how about some prices on there

as for containers ...i buy for whats inside not based on fancy bottles

not meaning to sound negative , you asked and i said what i thought
The containers arent fancy, they are serving a purpose, the purpose being that they will not deteriorate over time like the thin plastic bottles.

I think you woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning and your are trying to pick out problems that arent there.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like the flyers, they look good. I would maybe add a contact telephone number for those not keen on web ordering and mabye a facebook icon as i know you guys have facebook.
Good point about the Face Book icon, we need to add that, but there is a phone number on the reverse. It's hard to see on a jpeg what they look like when printed onto glossy paper and folded.

Thanks for your comments

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
how about some prices on there

as for containers ...i buy for whats inside not based on fancy bottles

not meaning to sound negative , you asked and i said what i thought
Hi Steveo, we were considering the price of the containers and thought about going down the "ultimate in cost effectiveness" (to me and you, "the cheapest solution"), we looked at pouches, (you get all types of disposable products in these now) as they cost very little, but they're not easy to refill and they don't stand up on a shelf and they deteriorate quickly (depending on what ingredients are inside). Because our products are concentrated, they are likely to sit on a shelf for quite some time, so another consideration was to use none transparent bottles as light will oxidise and damage any product over time if allowed through. So we chose the metal bottles and tins not just for looks. But thanks for your comments anyway, all feedback is welcome, if you send us your postal address to our email ([email protected]) I'd gladly send you some samples to test, so you can see for yourself that the quality is very good? There's nothing like a converted sceptic to help a small company out!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I really like the bottles.

I think a sample pack or group buy should be done so you can get your products out there.

Or do competitions etc

All the best
Thanks for the comments, we're about to launch a Christmas "pick your favourite three" presentation pack very soon, where you can choose any three of our products in a very nice "Dad/BF/GF/Uncle/Mate will love this for a Christmas present!" Watch this space.

·
Super Moderator
8,453 Posts
The containers arent fancy, they are serving a purpose, the purpose being that they will not deteriorate over time like the thin plastic bottles.

I think you woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning and your are trying to pick out problems that arent there.
To be fair, you did ask for thoughts and Steveo is just giving his. If you didn't want criticism then maybe you should have put in the caveat 'discuss flyer only not products'. :)

As to your flyer, for me it's a little.....busy..if you see what i mean, the products are covered which is a good thing but to me it seems there is an awful lot of other things going on. :)

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
It is always difficult to design a flyer that is going to carry all the exciting information to a potential client about the brand and products and not have it look a little busy.

This is where identifying your audience is key as you no doubt are aware. As detailing enthusiasts we are more likely to take the time to read through the small print to find out what is so special about the product and what it can deliver so not so much an issue for me. Bright colours, and delivers your statement of intent ref the products quality.

I am sorry though but I really couldn't make a connection between a Veyron owner being a huge fan of 'Beavercare', well, not for car care products anyway so the images for me are a bit pointless and laid out a bit haphazardly. I would drop them and concentrate on your products.

I agree a price list somewhere would be useful but where the flyer lacks appeal for me is the name and the cartoon beaver picture. I just can't take it seriously. Drop the cartoon beaver picture, it's not Mothercare. It could be the best product in the world but I would never buy it (as much as I really like the bottles). The market place is so saturated with products with cool names, packaging and imagery that it just looks a little bit well, cr4p.

I like the metal containers and the 'Beavercare' name with the little triangle as a nod to a 'you know what' while amusing and purile would probably get by me if it wasn't for the cartoon beaver... sorry, just looks a bit naff.

Otherwise I think the flyer is O.K.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.