Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it's my birthday today and been given some money. Need some new shampoo for the car, so thought I'd look at what the best products are for little money.

I'm currently unsure whether to get meguiars gold class or autoglym shampoo and conditioner?

Would it be worthwhile getting a pre wash? Citrus pre wash? And what sprayer shall I use? (No access to hose or pressure washer)

Then lastly, what is the best budget QD/ drying aid. Currently using demon shine. But am sure there is better... Preferably one that I can buy in bulk and will last me a long time.

Thanks

Lee

·
Registered
154 Posts
I live in a hard water area and personally find AG thin and doesn't foam very well. It was almost a complete waste of time.

I switched to using Megs Shampoo Plus and have never needed to look elsewhere. Good value when buying the 3.78 litre bulk bottles and will last ages. I think I am on my third bottle in approx 5 years. Nice and sudsy.

·
Registered
176 Posts
2 x buckets
Grit guard
Lambswool mitt
Shampoo - so many to choose from so il recommend CG maxi suds
QD - AS tango, I paid £20 for 5L which will make around 50 litres of QD! Pretty good stuff as a drying aid
Drying towel

Get a pump up sprayer (I paid £6 from a local hardware shop) something like citrus pre-wash will do well.

Hope that helps. The stuff I have mentioned are essential washing products imo

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok thanks Kev :) I'm looking at sourcing hose and pressure washer, as it's possible! I'll look at that link provided!

Would anybody mind providing me with links to good value pre wash and QD/ drying aid :)

Thanks lee

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thinking about meguiars last touch. But is quite a bit... Would it last a long time?

Does the demon shine pour on shine do the same as the demon shine in a bottle!

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Thinking about meguiars last touch. But is quite a bit... Would it last a long time?

Does the demon shine pour on shine do the same as the demon shine in a bottle!
Last touch willlast you ages/years depending on how often you use it.

A good value pre-wash is VP Citrus prewash as it can be diluted 1:10 where as most you hav to use neat

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is last touch a good QD? Would it be worthwhile over something like demon shine?

Would 1-10 be 10ml of the stuff and 100ml of water? Or has my maths skills gone completely?

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Mate go too polished bliss look at the range they have too offer they explain what's what, auto finesse have a good range also have a look how too wash your car clay it ect tells you all this on here if it helps I use dodo juice born to be mild and for pre wash I use AF citrus powder.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Is last touch a good QD? Would it be worthwhile over something like demon shine?

Would 1-10 be 10ml of the stuff and 100ml of water? Or has my maths skills gone completely?
Yeah a lot of the pro's use it on here .. cheap and effective.

it would be 10ml of product and 90ml of water ... not far off!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I will look into buying some then, i find demon shine quite effective and if the meguiars works out more cost effective ill go for it :), i believe it says to dilute it 1:1. so im guessing ill end up with 2 gallons of QD ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.