Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
DW Banner Man
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having come from a large flat where all my detailing gear was inside, to a house where it's got to go outside I'm not sure what I should keep indoors?

Are all Autosmart products ok in the cold, will they freeze? As these are aimed at traders who probably keep them in a van all winter I'm guessing they will be ok.

Should waxes be kept inside? I probably will anyway as they won't take up much space. What about sealants?

Hopefully my new shed won't get damp inside but does anyone keep their MF cloths and towels in theirs? If damp (or even mould) gets to them are they still ok to use after a wash?

I'm going to short the small cupboard under the stairs out so hopefully I can keep anything that might freeze and my rotary in there.

·
DW Banner Man
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
pressure washers:thumb:
I don't have one so ok there :)

I must've missed that thread and although it's 2 years old I guess the general conscious is that most will freeze. I was surprised to see G101 on the list but then it is only an APC. I found an AF thread that said keep everything inside as well.

I went through my stuff last night and I don't have as much as I thought. I filled up my stanley tool chest and a small plastic box, which I've managed to get in under the stairs. I have Surfex, G101, Tardis, Autowash, Smart Wheels and ONR in bulk and these will have to stay in the shed. Has anyone tried insulating a box for their products?

Also got 1 large and 2 small boxes full of towels and applicators but no where to put them indoors. Hopefully they will be ok in the shed :thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.