Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
3,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for another "what's" the in your opinion obviously the best snowfoam at the minute?

I've got 1ltr of Avalanche left and looking to replace now do I

a. Stick with avalanche
b. Try something different

I've used a few different brands already

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I am using bilt hamber auto foam and although it isnt as thick as the magifoam I find it cleans just as good if not better, the magifoam never removed hard bird poops but the auto foam has never failed. I have not really let me car get really dirty to compare side by side however I have no complaints with the autofoam.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I am using bilt hamber auto foam and although it isnt as thick as the magifoam I find it cleans just as good if not better, the magifoam never removed hard bird poops but the auto foam has never failed. I have not really let me car get really dirty to compare side by side however I have no complaints with the autofoam.
^^^ This!
I remain indebted to James_Death for this, thanks man! :thumb: It's the best I've used to date, in fact the only one that I can truly call 'touchless'! I use it on a well protected car via a sprayer though (not tried it through the lance as yet) at 50:1. At this ratio it has a pH value of 8 and it really cleans well. It does leave something behind though but soon washes off with a follow-up wash, (the boffins at BH say it's the surfactants in the product and is harmless.) Smells nice too!

·
DW's 'Mr. Helpful'
14,893 Posts
^^^ This!
I remain indebted to James_Death for this, thanks man! :thumb: It's the best I've used to date, in fact the only one that I can truly call 'touchless'! I use it on a well protected car via a sprayer though (not tried it through the lance as yet) at 50:1. At this ratio it has a pH value of 8 and it really cleans well. It does leave something behind though but soon washes off with a follow-up wash, (the boffins at BH say it's the surfactants in the product and is harmless.) Smells nice too!
Thank you ....:wave:

Here is a test i did of 4 leading foams...

Ok Folks after having to wait 3 weeks and 800 Miles before i could get to wash the Polo...

Yeah certainly a candidate for some snow foaming action...:lol:

So why not a bit of a comparison test....:thumb:

So Rinsed with the power washer and then some side by sides....:D

These are all in lance bottles in neat form and will be hitting the panels at a mix ration of 1 part product to 25 parts water.

So First Up...

Autosmart Ultra Mousse to the Left...

Autobrite Magifoam to the Right...

Other Side...

Autosmart Actimousse XLS to the left...

Bilt Hamber Auto-Foam to the Right...

As a Little extra Comparison...

A side by side on the hatch...

Autobrite Magifoam on the left & Bilt Hamber Auto-Foam on the Right...

Having Taken a swab of each panel after just one application of foam, left to dwell for 5 minutes and then rinsed off.

The swab was taken and put to one side in order to dry fully overnight and then see what, if any muck had been transferred to the swab.

So What do Folks think will have cleaned the best on this Dirty Car???

Remember all Foams were used in neat form from the foam lance bottle.

So Actually were dispensed at a mix ratio of 20:1 so Twenty Parts Water to One Part Foam Product.

So....Pads were Swiped from the Bottom of each respective panel as these were the Dirtiest sections although not taken from the actual sill as getting that low risks catching any crud below the sill bottom edge.

Magifoam is a popular Top rating product... It Actually Came Last from my testing.

Autosmart Ultra Mousse ... It Actually Came Third.

Autosmart Actimousse XLS ... It Actually Came Second Only Just Pipped to the post By the Winner.

Bilt Hamber Auto-Foam ... It's Actually the Winner only just Beating XLS.

The Autosmart Ultramousse was Similar Performance to Autobrite Magifoam... But i would put the Ultramousse as Slightly Better.

So From My Testing Magifoam alongside Ultramousse.

Remember the Pads were swiped once through the relevant Panel that had been cleaned.

The Swiped Pads were left to dry in order to see if any Grime was left on the panel after the Foaming and Rinsing.

Here We Have the Second place Actimousse XLS alongside the Winner Bilt Hamber Auto-Foam.

Now although still not fully clean the XLS & Auto-Foam Only left a very miniscule amount behind.

For my own Personal Test, Since i had only just received Magifoam having heard good things about it for what seams like forever, i did a side by side on the Hatch with what i have found to be an excellent foam that being the Bilt Hamber Auto-Foam.

Now the Very Cruddy Hatch had one hit of each product, one on each side again.

This power washed off again after 5 Minutes but this time i swiped each side with each pad twice.

Both did not remove all but again the Bilt Hamber Autofoam Performed the Best.

The Hatch Pad pics seam to have fallen into a Black Hole....:wall:

However they are at the top of this shot...

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have the following snow foams and this is how I rate them:-

VP snow foam - my first snow foam. Probably the worst performing but this was a few years ago and things have moved on in terms of snow foams these days.

VP ANSF - performs fairly well, underrated really as it does have good cleaning power but it doesn't cling for long and I've found better results through a pump sprayer.

AF Avalanche - By far the biggest let down in terms of hype to performance. Both a friend and myself got 5ltrs each and both regretted it. I now use a massively strong mix of this per wash, 1 because it needs it and 2 because I just want to use it up ASAP.

Espuma activo - very disappointing, no bite at all. Loads of foam but hardly anything removed. So bad that I reckon I bought a fake off eBay and I'm willing to give this the benefit of the doubt. I got better results with some prima hydro wash through a SF lance.

CLB Candy fluff - superb stuff, best by far but hard to get hold of. Clings like nothing I've used before and I found this closest to a no-touch wash. I'd SF and 2BM wash my car but just SF my wife's car and there'd hardly be any muck on her car.

I still have CG no touch to try, just waiting on a friend providing me with some but I've come to the conclusion that snow foaming may remove some dirt, may soften the rest but a good citrus pre-wash is way better. I usually snow foam just because I like doing it but the real cleaning starts with a pre-wash.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.