Detailing World Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Insignia 2.0 CDTi
5,479 Posts
As above, I have 3 sizes of those and 2 EZ brushes, and together they’ve dealt with everything over the years.
That’s just for wheels btw.
I have a variety of various brushes for other jobs, where finish isn’t a problem, like arch liners or tyres, these brushes are pretty much all from various supermarkets, they do a surprising amount of brush shapes lol).
There’s more, of course, these things grow arms and legs……

·
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
1,808 Posts
Depends on the wheels being cleaned.

Wheel woolies if the open spaces large enough.
EZ wheel brushes for tight spaces.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I find that if my wheels have been removed from the car and thoroughly cleaned, polished and waxed in the first place, all I need is the the large EZ Detail brush for the barrels and a soft lug nut or large soft wheel face brush for the fronts (depending on wheel design).

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
What thin / narrow brushes are recommended for cleaning the barrels.

both cars have 17" wheels and relatively large brakes and my wheel woolies wont pass around the disc guard cover thingy, and certainly not between rim and caliper. I've got a EZ brush but feel this is a bit harsh for general maintenance. the latest autofinesse brush from halfords can be forced through but can see it lasting long being abused so regularly.

·
Registered
531 Posts
What thin / narrow brushes are recommended for cleaning the barrels.

both cars have 17" wheels and relatively large brakes and my wheel woolies wont pass around the disc guard cover thingy, and certainly not between rim and caliper. I've got a EZ brush but feel this is a bit harsh for general maintenance. the latest autofinesse brush from halfords can be forced through but can see it lasting long being abused so regularly.
Microfiber madness Incredibrush flat may work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
MY21 Alfa Romeo Giulia Veloce Ti
6 Posts
I like to go as soft as possible with brushes and I personally use Meguiars Supreme wheel brush, but my wheels have very large gaps so it's easy to get a big brush like that in. I do have an EZ large brush but I'm nervous of using it with it being nylon (had the brush previously due to having a car with much smaller gaps between spokes), probably completely unfounded.

Has anyone used one of these? I like the idea of removable covered as you can throw it in the washing machine with some MF friendly detergent, saves time cleaning the brush by hand if it's permanently attached to the handle and I'm sure the washing machine can also do a better job.

I do wonder if the cover remains on the handle during use on the barrels though?

·
Registered
669 Posts
I have a work stuff squally for my 308 which is going great guns and has relegated my large EZD brush to the shelf! The EZD still gets used on the Swift because the spoke gaps are too small for the Squally.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts