Detailing World Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
have used dooka wheel shampoo and found it excellent on my very difficult multi spoke alloy wheels on my BMW e38 1998 728i. they clean up lovely regards todds
ps i sprayed it directly onto the wheels and also used the method of using it in a wash bucket either method was perfect

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
This was discussed a few months back!
A decent wheel cleaner and normal bodywork shampoo is all that's needed. Dedicated 'wheel shampoo' is, in my opinion, just a gimmick!

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
This was discussed a few months back!
A decent wheel cleaner and normal bodywork shampoo is all that's needed. Dedicated 'wheel shampoo' is, in my opinion, just a gimmick!
I kind of agree:)but! saying that unless you know the complete break down of the chemical build up of a wheel shampoo you cannot really say for sure,my question would be the reverse!...Can you use these wheel shampoos on the body paint work of a car safely,then draw my full conclusions after that reply;).SJ.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Dooka wheels, I had this conversation a few months ago. My normal shampoo is Gary deans, which is almost twice the price of Dooka wheels. So rather than use my good stuff on the wheels I use Dooka and it works brilliantly, I have 22” rims and it takes a bucket + to clean them properly using my woolies.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Never found a spray on wheel cleaner that I was happy with, and if you think about the normal level of dirt on a wheel, how would you treat it if it it were on your paint? So using a dedicated soap to soften, capture and then transport that dirt away from the wheel surface makes perfect sense. Currently trying AF Revolution with a large woolly trio for the spokes and barrels, with a large detail brush for the faces, works great. Much kinder to any wheel treatment you have on there and so extends its life, making the job even easier.

·
DW's car of the day man & Moderator
14,000 Posts
Auto finesse do a dedicated wheel soap and I'm more than happy with it, its debatable as to if these soaps are just a gimmick but they don't cost the Earth and the OCD in me just says have a dedicated wheel soap and a dedicated bodywork shampoo :detailer:

·
Registered
9,019 Posts
Do you guys think these wheel shampoos work more effective than a normal shampoo at double the concentrate, on cleaning power and slickness.

Have not used a dedicated wheel shampoo so do not know, reason why I fired this question up.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Just put a dash of APC in your normal shampoo....waste of shelf space apart from the feel good factor.

Iron x snow soap direct on a pad has a obvious advantage over any normal soap, wheel shampoo or not IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
The only one I have found that actually makes sense is Iron X snow soap.

I have this in a spray bottle: spray the wheels, agitate with a mitt, once over with the wheel woolies, and then rinse off. Turns purple, smells awful, definitely doing more than just car wash.

Wheel shampoo must have some degreasing element to it, otherwise it’s just strong car wash. Unless anyone actually tells us why it’s better (rather that the typical marketing descriptions) then some TFR or Degreaser mixed in with some cheap car wash will do the same job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.