Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably an obvious one but I'm next t wheel sealant. Picking my freshly refurbed wheels sat and am I right in thinking I should seal them before I get the tyres put on?

Also will I need and prep other than a clean and possible IPA wipedown?

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Sounds good to me buddy. Assuming they've been cured properly between coats then you should be fine with a good sealant. Would be tempted to give them a clean myself, no harm in that.

·
Registered
6,700 Posts
Last winter I bought a set of alloys for my winter tyres and coated them with Gtechniq C5. The only prep was a wipe down with IPA. They survived the winter unmarked and still in new condition. C5 was done before tyres were put on.

·
Registered
7,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies, they've been ready a couple of weeks now so should be ok. Got my slickrims to try and a sample of mint rims too!!

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
What about doing both? Sealing them before the tyres go on to make it easier to clean them up. Then giving them a clean up and another layer of your chosen product after?

·
Registered
527 Posts
I would personally go for after.
Think of all the strong APC you will use getting all that tyre greasy rubbish off!
That would surely hinder the protection that the sealant would offer.
That's my view anyway.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.