Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
DW Forum Sponsor
6,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK some i'm running near the end of my gallon of CG V7 and thinking of a replacement.

Seriously considering another gallon of V7, but am open to suggestions. I know V7 is a sealant, but i use it as a QD after each wash.

I live in hard water area so need to dry and wipe the car down with a QD to make it look it's best. Also, super soft black Honda paint, so it needs little or no effort and be streak free.

The trouble with some QDs i have tried is that this time of year where humidity is high, you end up chasing round the QD with a microfibre cloth. I have found V7 still dries reasonably quick and is easy to buff to shine when the weather is a bit damp.

So before i order, any alternatives to consider?

My requirements are -

- Easy to use and buffs off easy, especially when it gets a bit cold and damp as winter draws in (i have found this worse with diluted products)
- Value for money (looking to buy in bulk, say 5l) - no point in me spending £20 on 500ml which will only last a few weeks
- effective protection
- Looks slick and shiny on black :thumb:

Any thoughts...;)

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
CG Synthetic Detailer. You can dilute it but I've never had any problems with it smearing g on black or any colour and I've been using it for 6 years. Leaves a nice finish on black too and comes in 5L bottles. Excellent value for money.

·
DW Forum Sponsor
6,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have read about the Sonus BSD, didn't realise they did it in 5l so that is a very worthy contender. Priced similar to V7 too.

I found AG Aqua Wax very greasy to use, it is OK when the car is wet, but not a patch on V7 on a dry car. ADS works out at £110 equivalent for 5l :doublesho

How would people that have used both rate V7 compared to Sonus BSD? Has anyone used in cold/damp conditions?

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
sonax for me too hands down for the price the its scarily good at what it does.

Having said that perhaps a sample of someone or buy the trigger bottle to enusre you get on with it as not everyone has to be fair.

Also im interested to see how application goes in the cold damp mornings been told no worries but we will see.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Sonax for me, but I would change the spray bottle and have it mist rather than just sprayed out at a force.

Will be getting a 5L order when I am soon running out.

·
Warning contains metal
2,589 Posts
sonax for me too hands down for the price the its scarily good at what it does.

Having said that perhaps a sample of someone or buy the trigger bottle to enusre you get on with it as not everyone has to be fair.

Also im interested to see how application goes in the cold damp mornings been told no worries but we will see.
I used it at the weekend when it was coldish and it was an absolute nightmare to get off. Thought I'd finished on three separate occasions only for it to mist up again. I finally got it to stop doing this after about an hour, went out in the car and after a ten minute drive patches of it had misted up again randomly all over the car. Even my wife asked what was wrong with it. It wasn't that cold or damp when i used it either but unless we get a genuinely warm day i wont be using it again this winter no matter how good the protection is from it.

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
I used it at the weekend when it was coldish and it was an absolute nightmare to get off. Thought I'd finished on three separate occasions only for it to mist up again. I finally got it to stop doing this after about an hour, went out in the car and after a ten minute drive patches of it had misted up again randomly all over the car. Even my wife asked what was wrong with it. It wasn't that cold or damp when i used it either but unless we get a genuinely warm day i wont be using it again this winter no matter how good the protection is from it.
Were you using it in the afternoon ? The dew point is so much earlier at this mine of year. I always try to clean the car and get it finished by lunch time to avoid these issues.

These sort of things will happen with most LSPs, if it's outside and later in the day in autumn/winter.

·
Warning contains metal
2,589 Posts
Were you using it in the afternoon ? The dew point is so much earlier at this mine of year. I always try to clean the car and get it finished by lunch time to avoid these issues.

These sort of things will happen with most LSPs, if it's outside and later in the day in autumn/winter.
Before lunch kerry. I know the dew point gets earlier and earlier and its a pain lol. We only went out to go for lunch. The misting on it come night time was incredible I've never seen anything like it. Maybe it doesn't like something that's in Helios?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.