Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a pointer as to which shampoo to buy next

At the moment i use meguiars wash and wax for the quick fix between waxing and it seems to do the job, unless you know better.

I also use Meguiars Gold, this is the one i may replace if you good people know of a better one.

Im not bothered about the name of it, i dont do designer, just looking for quality and value for money :thumb:

Ta

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Im more confused than ever now :lol:

Brite and dura both around the same money, i tend to buy stuff by the us gall if i can, so they look about even

If i buy two Megs its about the same as a us gall, so again around the same

I dont know why i just fell i need a change :confused:

I know a lot is down to personal preference, im going to have to do a bit of digging :D

·
Registered
80 Posts
Have to say that I use the Megs ones you do - but I really recommend the Muc off stuff! Leaves a lovely finish and is a bargain too!
Interesting to hear that about the muc-off stuff, I've only ever used their kit for cycle related cleaning and rightly or wrongly thought that their car car range would be "average" and especially as the likes of screw fix sell it (not necessarily a detailers place of choice). I'd best ignore my pre conceptions and give it a try!!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Autoglym bodywork shampoo conditioner.

£15 for 2.5l plus p+p at Elite car care, also available at Halfrauds if you need it quickly.

2 capfuls per bucket, I've used it for years now and it doesn't strip the Collinite 476S LSP at all. Excellent value for money if you ask me.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Autoglym bodywork shampoo conditioner.

£15 for 2.5l plus p+p at Elite car care, also available at Halfrauds if you need it quickly.

2 capfuls per bucket, I've used it for years now and it doesn't strip the Collinite 476S LSP at all. Excellent value for money if you ask me.
That is good value compared to Megs

Im not in a great hurry as i have some Megs left, just planning ahead :D

Thanks

·
Registered
617 Posts
Depends whether you want a gloss-enhancing shampoo or not.

Enhancing shampoos such as Muc-Off Ubershine and AG Bodyworks Shampoo Conditioner leave a residue that adds a 'gloss' or sheen to your paintwork. While it won't strip your LSP it will affect its behaviour (beading and sheeting etc). It also means you have to effectively clean it from your windows, especially your windscreen. Another point is that if you increase the strength too much (i.e. to tackle winter grime) they can be hard to rinse off.

Straight shampoos such as Dodo Juice BTBM and Auto-Finesse Lather simply clean the paintwork and are better if you don't want to affect your LSP or are preparing your car to add one.

There are also stripping shampoos, such as Farecla G3 Detox shampoo, that will help remove any old LSP coating.

Personally I would recommend Auto-Finesse Lather.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.