Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iv decided that i want to try a spray sealant for winter instead of a wax.

Mainly due to ease of use and the ability to top it up easily after a maintenance wash.

So out of all the different spray sealants on the market what would you recommend??

Thanks

·
Registered
9,149 Posts
Are they a spray on and wipe off product or do they need to "cure"
OCW is a spray on & wipe off product. It requires very little effort to use plus it won't stain any trim. OCW does not require perfectly dry paint before using so if there is still some water after washing it will not effect the OCW

Reload is also worth considering

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Are they a spray on and wipe off product or do they need to "cure"
Tough coat suggests a few minutes to cure. But you could literally coat a whole car in under 10mins then it's ready to go round and wipe off.

I've only just bought the Optimum so haven't used it yet. Bought it on the strength of a few positive comments I found on here and am also a fan of ONR

·
DW's Biggest Thread Starter & Moderator
5,963 Posts
I'm liking the look of either tough coat or C2V3, not sure which one to go for ...
I found AF Tough Coat very very similar to AG EGP (not that there is anything wrong with the AG product) so buy the AG EGP, its cheaper!

But to be honest the C2V3 is a way better product anyway. More versatile. You can spray it over plastic trim no probs. I would dilute some 3:1 with de-ionised water for a QD too :thumb:

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Thanks all, i think im going to go for the C2V3, i can then dilute some for a QD aswell and top it up over winter.

Is it easiest to mist the panel and then wipe it over with a clean MF cloth?

Cheapest Place for C2 V3 - preferably from one of our supporters on the forum.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.