Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my current bike Its running Sram X5 with a 50/34 chain ring and 12-32 cassette. It is a fantastic bike that I have ridden 1700 miles so far. But the problem is its a Large frame and I have had to put a 40mm stem on it and push the seat fully forward in order to get it to fit me right. Its still not perfect but works "just".

This bike I have been able to buy for £120 as a winter hack and as you can see its a drop bar which is my main reason for buying it. The Gears need a bit of tweaking as the cables have seized and the indexing is out, I can sort these out ok.

The gearing problems got me thinking, could I fit the Sram gearing to the Carrera? I know the shifters from the Boardman wont work but I am wondering would the rest work together. Do Sora shifters have 9 shifts or do they only have 8. Could I still fit the Sram cassette and just not use one of the cogs, lets say dont use the 12 and keep the 32?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Seems like too much rafting for the sake to a £25 rear mech, if the carrera needs new news then buy new within your budget, you don't want to turd up your SRAM over winter then have to buy new for the Boardman next year???

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.