Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I'm approaching my first winter doing the whole detailing thing I was wondering if the cold would affect any of my products? They are stored in a shed/out house attached to the house and in a cupboard (no heating) , I haven't got room to move it all into house so are there certain products that the cold affects more than others?
A list of main products
AB very berry
VP Citrus pre wash, carpet cleaner, snowfoam
AS 101
Fk 1000p 425
Getechniq c2v3, l1, g1, g6
Wolf HB, nano bathe, QD
Meg's interior QD ,tyre endurance
AG shampoo, srp, egp, tar, vinyl care,glass polish
Think thats most of it but you get the idea

·
Registered
765 Posts
I too was going to post something similar.

Over the past few years the freezing temperatures have ruined quite a few of my products so wondered how you guys got around it. Ideally I'd bring everything inside, but that ain't going to happen while the missus is still standing! :lol:

I'd had a thought about building a large insulated cupboard within my shed and maybe fitting a thermostatic heater inside it, like this one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190904868135?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

·
Registered
433 Posts
I bought a de-humidifier last year to stop the damp in the garage, with the hose in the back it can run constant although i only use it overnight. This has help with the dampness and with the cold to a point (it has a warm air blower on top) but i still bring the polishes in the house over winter.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Anything that has water in it can be affected by the frost

What about a small parrafin heater the type they use in greenhouses

You would have to make sure you dont get fumes from it and not have anything combustible by it as well

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.