Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for some advice on winter tyres for my transit connect, iv currently got alloys on at the moment but im going to be putting the original steel wheels back on next weekend after a new coat of paint but id like to get some tidy winter tyres.

Iv never used winter tyres before and ideally id like to get a full set of 4 however i went to a few local tyre places and got quoted £70-90 a tyre.

Iv had a look on ebay and iv found a set of 4 for £160 delivered
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261286042595?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Or i can get a set of 4 part warn (6mm tread all round) continentals for £100

is the ones in the link any good or am i best just getting two new ones and stick them on the front?

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Im looking for some advice on winter tyres for my transit connect, iv currently got alloys on at the moment but im going to be putting the original steel wheels back on next weekend after a new coat of paint but id like to get some tidy winter tyres.

Iv never used winter tyres before and ideally id like to get a full set of 4 however i went to a few local tyre places and got quoted £70-90 a tyre.

Iv had a look on ebay and iv found a set of 4 for £160 delivered
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261286042595?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Or i can get a set of 4 part warn (6mm tread all round) continentals for £100

is the ones in the link any good or am i best just getting two new ones and stick them on the front?
No good having just two on the front, van will be unbalanced, the link to Ebay says they are also retreads, I would not buy them personally.
Have a look at Mytyres website, you can get some decent prices on there, also there are plenty of threads on here about winter tyres, have a look at them and get an idea about what you want.

Kev

·
Premium Member
7,256 Posts
Look on love tyres, openeo and mytyres and camskill. Mine came from mytres via eBay. I ran just fronts on my cupra for a year, you could provoke over steer in the snow but providing you took it easy they were ok.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.