Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello People

I got a nice scratch on my screen caused by the wiper (previous owner obviously didn't know how to clean a car)

Here is the offending scratch which arcs from top to bottom:

Whats the best way to sort this out

The research i've done comes up with rayon pads and ceriglass, what is the best size pads to use on a rotary? And is there anything else i can try to remove the scratch?

Cheers

Shane

·
Registered
842 Posts
Rayon pads and ceriglass definitely remove wiper haze, so I'd imagine they'd remove that too. That's from someone not changing wipers and having the metal scratch the glass.

Go with a 5inch.
Glass requires quite a bit more pressure than paint, and a faster speed. When the polish starts to dry a bit, spray some water on it, ceriglass has a real long work time, you just keep adding water to it.

Make sure you tape up the window rubbers though, it's almost impossible to get off.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rayon pads and ceriglass definitely remove wiper haze, so I'd imagine they'd remove that too. That's from someone not changing wipers and having the metal scratch the glass.

Go with a 5inch.
Glass requires quite a bit more pressure than paint, and a faster speed. When the polish starts to dry a bit, spray some water on it, ceriglass has a real long work time, you just keep adding water to it.

Make sure you tape up the window rubbers though, it's almost impossible to get off.
i was then looking to buy a 5" back plate for such occasion

Shane

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.