Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, not been on for a wee while, well, lurking now and again.
Anyhow, I have just got me an XJS, its a 96, Celebration, the last of the XJS's, its in Kingfisher blue ! which is really a very dark green, lovely colour - I think anyway !
Now, although the bodywork is in great condition, no rust etc, or any serious chips or scratches, it does have quite a bit of swirls / very light scratches.
Can anyone tell me if Jaguar is a hard or soft paint ? I want to correct this - most likely this w/e (in my garage) What you recommend ?

I have recently got a DAS 6 D/A, I've used it a few of times with really good results - on my wife's grey Auris, my previous car - Jasper blue Merc, and more recently a red Mini cooper.

Using my current products -
Firstly, I will wash then clay it using Megs smooth surface clay kit, now, I have megs 105 & 205, and orange, green & red flexipads.
Would it be recommended I use the 105 with orange pad first, then perhaps 205 with green pad ?
I also have some poorboys Black Hole, but I am sure this wont be needed if I use the 205 and / or 105 ! ?
To finish, I have Collinite 476 - but, I am hoping to get some Salute the Fruit, (maybe the chap with the red suit will bring it for my Christmas !:))
Then a misting of Red Mist tropical !
Does this sound like an OK procedure ?

Sorry I do not have any pics, are there any XJS details on here ?

I shall be parking her up for the winter, any suggestions on what has to be done for this - mechanically, any rules / procedures to follow ? or do I just need to start it up every couple of weeks or so ?

All advice will be much appreciated.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Hi mate, nice car. I had great results on my mates Uncles S Type with Menzerna compounds. It wasn't overly hard nor soft ( that'd be medium then. ) Stick with the Collinite for the winter, 2 coats and you're laughing 'til spring. As for the storage, I would keep it ticking over on occasion, make sure the seals are water tight and protected, and maybe take it back and forth once a week or so to help prevent the brakes sticking / seizing on.

·
Registered
8,363 Posts
I did this XJR-S a few years ago, may give you some help.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=178755

As already stated Menzerna polishes work well on these paint types, but there is no reason why 105/205 won't work to good effect, paint from memory was med-hard, but will vary from car to car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.