·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

Just wondered peoples thoughts on these two tyres;

Yoko Advan AD08

Potenza RE070

The Evo has been running the current set for not many miles but way too long.

It would be good to hear if anyone has run even one of these, comparrisons even better! :thumb:

Ta,

Morty

·
Registered
597 Posts
I've only driven a short distance on the Yoko, so no help but I'd buy the AD08 as the Bridge will be more expensive. However, don't overlook Dunlops Sportmaxx Race or GT 600..

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no idea but the yoko tread pattern is pretty :p
Ha, it is quite isn't it? :D

I've only driven a short distance on the Yoko, so no help but I'd buy the AD08 as the Bridge will be more expensive. However, don't overlook Dunlops Sportmaxx Race or GT 600..
Maxx races don't seem come in my profile and the GT600's are run flats and I think my Mrs will kill me if the ride gets harder. LOL.

I should get the Yokos really as the wheels are Yoko and the car is Jap. ;)

·
Registered
597 Posts
Maxx races don't seem come in my profile and the GT600's are run flats and I think my Mrs will kill me if the ride gets harder. LOL.

I should get the Yokos really as the wheels are Yoko and the car is Jap. ;)
The Dunlops are only a few months old so not all sizes available yet, Does say on Dunlops website the GT600 ia available as a run flat, but does appear only to be a runflat.

Bridge are a Jap company to, although Yoko's imported here into the UK are produced in Japan..

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Have a set of AD08's on at the moment. Very pleased with them. Extremely grippy in the dry and decent in the wet for a road tyre.

Have used them once on a track day and they were impressive, obviously grip drops off when they get too hot but they soon recover and don't show signs of excessive wear.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yokos are a fantastic tyre used these both on the road and track and without going to the extreme of r888 these are the best road legal track tyre. Grip is amazing in the dry and very good in wet. Wouldn't recommend any other tyre.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I had the Bridgestones on my Impreza, fantastic tyre in the dry, really solid tyre wall which helped grip round bends, replaced with goodyear eagle 2, only issue for me with the Bridgestones was that tyre noise was pretty bad. Would go for another set but obviously just for the summer time.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Dunlops are only a few months old so not all sizes available yet, Does say on Dunlops website the GT600 ia available as a run flat, but does appear only to be a runflat.

Bridge are a Jap company to, although Yoko's imported here into the UK are produced in Japan..
Yokos on yokos though, match made in CDO heaven.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yokos are a fantastic tyre used these both on the road and track and without going to the extreme of r888 these are the best road legal track tyre. Grip is amazing in the dry and very good in wet. Wouldn't recommend any other tyre.
I was going to go R888 but people I know got pulled a lot but nothing happened as they just look bald from a far lol

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I had the Bridgestones on my Impreza, fantastic tyre in the dry, really solid tyre wall which helped grip round bends, replaced with goodyear eagle 2, only issue for me with the Bridgestones was that tyre noise was pretty bad. Would go for another set but obviously just for the summer time.
Thanks mate! This does make me ponder now.

Tyre roar is not much of a problem... seeing as I can get two hands in my exhaust lol

It would be nice to hear anything over the exhaust! :ROFL:

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It's a good set of choices, thanks for all the input. I will try em all as it'll much tyres.

I'll figure out my faves in the order of;
Advan AD08
Fed RSR's
Bridgstone's

I was temped with the Hankook V12/Conti CS3/5's but I ran then on the 197 so I'll make a choice of 5 then. LOL.

Cheers guys!

:thumb:

·
Registered
646 Posts
How are you finding the Eagles, I'm running the old gsd3 Eagles and love them so interested in the new ones for next time.

·
Registered
467 Posts
How are you finding the Eagles, I'm running the old gsd3 Eagles and love them so interested in the new ones for next time.
Not too bad to be honest, I got 4 for £400 with a special deal at halfords autocentre, but if funds allowed I would of got the bridge stones again and sorted out a set of winter tyres, the goodyears do flex a bit round bends, whereas the bridgestones give you more confidence, but I can't knock them as they are a good all round tyre. If you liked the old tyres you'll definitely enjoy the eagles, reviews. Have been really positive for them.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Turns out I got Eagle F1 AS2's in the end.

Good looking tyre and got some good grip so far, not lost too much yet...may have had a 4 wheel drift but other than that, not bad.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.